[mdlug] Questions about Hosting services

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Fri Jun 24 10:44:07 EDT 2016

I haven't used Dreamhost or DigitalOcean, so I can't
comment on them.  However I do use Rackspace and I
recommended it to my students.

The main advantage is that you can set up and run
a server for as long or short of a time as you desire,
and you're only charged for when it's running.  You
could also create several servers for testing, then
delete them when done.

They are very good for either transient or permanent
servers, and their price isn't bad.