[mdlug] MDLUG: January meeting, elections and the mBot arduino based robot - kids to learn to program using arduino or scratch

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Wed Jan 6 08:20:01 EST 2016

Note: this is for the MDLUG group. MUG is still on it's regular second Tuesday (1/12/2016) schedule. The MDLUG.org computer club is meeting this Saturday (January 9th, 2016) at Noon in the Dearborn Heights Library just NorthWest of Telegraph and Ford Road. See the web site for details: http://mdlug.org Elections will be held. If you'd like a position as a officer of the club please stop by. We will have a presentation from a father and son. Here is the notes from the father:
I have presented a couple of times in the past with the "help" of my son.
My son received an mBot arduino based robot for Christmas and wanted to doa short presentation on it for you all (He actually specified the Linux group).There were some aspects to it that I found pretty cool that I
would also speak on briefly. I was thinking about 15min including Q/A
Basically the mBot is a arduino based robot for young kids to learn to
program using arduino or scratch. I thought it would be nice to have some
techie details about it but also have a kid with no programming experience
talk about his first experiences with arduino, programming and the
community.