[mdlug] Feb 13 Noon MDLUG Meeting Dearborn Heights

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Sun Feb 7 16:49:23 EST 2016

Topics for the Feb 13 Noon meeting: Can we really install Pivotal Cloud Foundry on top of OpenStack? Prepare for Penguicon: we should be thinking about our Penguicon submissions.Here are some birds of a feather and activities that I submitted: QuadcoptersRaspberry PIWearables/Robotic arm/prostheticCerts/cryptoHome computer environment - file servers, adminWebservers (activity)PythonKomodo EditSSH Penguicon will have a DIY environment and a computer lab . . .Next MeetingFebruary 13, 2016Pivotal Cloud FoundryWe will discuss hosting a demo of Pivotal for OpenStack at the upcoming Penguicon. We will also have time for an open discussion on all things open source. If you have questions about Linux, bring your questions (and perhaps your computer) to this meeting! Monthly MeetingsSecond SaturdaysMDLUG meets monthly at 12:00 pm (noon) to around 3:00 pm on the Second Saturday. Each meeting usually begins with MDLUG business. A presentation may follow. Often general discussions are the order of business. (Contact secretary at mdlug.org if you have a suggestion for a future topic or would like to volunteer to do a presentation.) After the meeting, some of us usually go to a local restaurant.We are now meeting at the Caroline Kennedy Library in Dearborn Heights. Take any of the small streets within a block or two NorthWest of Telegraph and Ford and look for the group of buildings. The library is at the NorthWest corner of George and Fenton.Parking is available on the East side of the building. We will meet in Group Study Room number 2. After you walk in the main doors walk all the way to the back wall then turn left.Caroline Kennedy Library
24590 George St.
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127
(313) 791-3800