[mdlug] After power outage desktop won't boot.

Michael ORourke mrorourke at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 29 11:55:27 EDT 2016

I'd give high priority to replacing the power supply.  Or at least
swapping it out with a known good one and see if that fixes your
problem.  In my experience I have seen this time and time again and not
only on cheap no-name hardware.  I've had $200+ modular high-watt power
supplies die after the first year.  In that particular instance, it had
a 3yr Mfr warranty, so I called Micro Center and they said it was
outside of their exchange period and I would have to ship it back to
China.  Go figure.

But if you are not running any extreme video configurations, or powering
a half-dozen SATA drives, you should be fine with a ~400W PS for around
$35.  Or if you are near the Farmington Hills area, I have a spare PS
you could borrow.

-Mike