[mdlug] After power outage desktop won't boot.

Jim Fulner jim.fulner at member.fsf.org
Fri Apr 29 02:38:35 EDT 2016

While I was at work today it looks like my power went out at home.

No biggie, just boot the desktop up again. And it didn't. Monitor flickers on, then nothing, my first attempt I heard a strange noise from the case that I thought was the hard drive trying to spin, though I wasn't sure. My 3 year old broke my DVD drive like a year ago so that could have been the noise, not sure. Opened the case, fans were spining though not really how I thought they did. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting things no apparent change.

I'm not really a hardware guy, what's my next step from here? A new PC wasn't really in the budget for this year. Would anyone be interested in helping me tinker with it if I bring it to Penguicon?
--
Jim Fulner
Proudly supporting Free Software

Sent from my Android/Linux device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.