[mdlug] Serial port use to connect to a network switch - Ubuntu 14 .04

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Sun Mar 15 13:31:35 EDT 2015

Right.  If I connect with Ethernet I need to know the IP address.  Networking need to be running on the switch.   I've worked with some devices (AT&T Uverse, http://www.2wire.com) that has a web server that runs with a specific, known IP address right out of the box.  This switch has instructions that say to use the console port.