[mdlug] Winbooks

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 14:37:16 EST 2015

Drew wrote:
> Does anybody here have any personal experience with this device:
>
> http://www.microcenter.com/product/439773/TW700_Tablet_-_Black?rf=Search+Results+Feature
>
> Specifically will it
>
> * run x86 .exe binaries including Virtualbox?
>
> * boot from USB (including CD/DVD/hard drive on adaptor) and|or the
> microSD card?
>
> * accept a Linux install and have each device supported?
>
> * Run Linux LiveCDs and|or LiveCD loopback images?
>
> Or is this yet another ARM or other processor that I have to find new
> versions of everything for?

Clicking on the SPECS tab reveals:

Product Information
SKU			468421
Mfr Part#		466326
UPC			618996986019

General
Series			TW
Model			TW700
Color			Black

Processor
CPU Type		Baytrail-TZ3735G

			see: http://ark.intel.com/products/codename/55844/Bay-Trail#@All
			excerpt: Description:
				Bay Trail: The new Intel multicore SoC built on the Silvermont
				architecture is from Intel’s powerful processor family for
				mobile and desktop devices. Bay Trail is manufactured on Intel’s
				industry-leading tri-gate 22nm process technology. This new SoC
				family, formally code named “Bay Trail,” consists of Intel Atom™
				for tablets and 2 in 1 devices, Intel Celeron™ and Intel
				Pentium™ for entry 2 in 1 devices, laptops, desktop PCs and
				All in One PCs.

CPU Core		Quad-Core
CPU Speed		1.33GHz
CPU Brand		Intel

Operating System
Operating System	Microsoft Windows 8.1

Memory & Storage
Memory Type		DDR3
Flash Storage		16GB
Total Memory		1GB
Capacity: Flash Memory	16GB
Expansion Slots		MicroSD
Max Flash Card Capacity	Expandable up to 64GB

Display
Resolution		1280x800
Display Size		7"
Display Features	Capacitive Touch Screen
			5-Point Multi-Touch
			16:10 Widescreen
Display Type		IPS LCD
Touch Screen		Yes

Audio & Video
Video Chipset		Intel HD Graphics
Audio Recording		Integrated Microphone
Video Recording		VGA video webcam

Features
Front Camera		2 Megapixel
Rear Camera		2 Megapixel
Sensors			G-Sensor, Light Sensor
Speakers		Built-in speaker

Communications
Wi-Fi Support		802.11b/g/n
Bluetooth Support	Bluetooth 4.0

Ports and Connectors
Interface		micro HDMI, microSD, micro USB, USB 2.0
Ports and Connectors	1 x USB 2.0
			1 x 3.5mm Audio
			1 x Micro USB
			1 x Micro HDMI

Power
Battery			Rechargeable Lithium Polymer
AC Adapter		5V/2A 10W Power Adapter

Physical Specifications
Weight			12.35 oz.
Width			7.44"
Depth			0.43"
Height			4.76"

Package Contents
What's in the Box	WinBook 7" Tablet; USB Charging Cable; USB Power Plug; Warranty Card; 1 year subscription for Office 365 Personal

Applications		Office 365 Personal 1 Year. Activation required within limited time.

Manufacturer Warranty
Labor			1 Year
Parts			1 Year