[mdlug] Pi-top

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Sat Feb 28 09:33:50 EST 2015

On Fri, 2015-02-27 at 15:30 -0500, Mathew May wrote:
> I am hoping in time that maybe the price will come down.

I am sceptical;  under one of the photos is the caption: "We built a 3D
printer to print the first Pi-Top prototypes affordably"

Only 3d-printers and affordably in the same sentence is a bit of a head
stand.  That is a very expensive way to make plastic parts; but to
justify the cheap way to make plastic parts you need to make LOTS of
them.

The price of the other components is close to fixed; the price of
keyboards, etc... settled to its bulk-low price already.  I do not
believe they are going to move much more.

>  Either that or maybe they make their version made their spin of the
> OS and applications contained within available.

All of that is *much* harder then assembling a case.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383