[mdlug] ECC errors Ubuntu Server 14.04

Gregory Czerniak gregczrk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 11:46:33 EST 2015

Hi Pat,

    Try disabling "Quick Boot" in the BIOS and then turning the
machine off and back on again (don't just do a soft reset -- I know
this sounds weird but I've seen this with my own eyes).  Sometimes
problems like these are caused by old motherboard BIOS bugs where they
didn't properly initialize their memory at startup when using Quick
Boot (see http://buttersideup.com/edacwiki/Uninitialized_ECC_bits ).

Thanks,
Greg Czerniak