[mdlug] Webcam for ubuntu 14.04 server

Gmail-otakurider otakurider at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 21:32:30 EDT 2015

I ran across a old USB logitech webcam I forgot I had.  Wondering of
anyone has any info on connecting it to a 14.04 Ubuntu Server.   It is
found in dmsg and if I use webcamd it does powerup and turn on.  Sadly
the webcamd software seems to only connect via ftp and not sftp.
Doing a bit of searching there was talk of webcam-server but it looks
like it is no longer in any repos.

Its more of a fun play project to tweek with, just need a way to have
the web cam save off the feed to a directory .  Real time feed would be
nice but even if it just feeds off one image at a time and overwrites it
that would be fine as well.

Thank in advance