[mdlug] xargs guide

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Aug 8 16:20:05 EDT 2015

On Sun, 2 Aug 2015 17:32:35 -0400 (EDT)
Michael Corral <micorral at comcast.net> wrote:

> Le 2015-08-02, Monsieur Steve Litt a ecrit:
> > Were you viewing it on a handheld device, or on a computer monitor?
>
> On a regular computer monitor (23" LCD, 1920x1080 resolution).
> Looking at the page source, it says the font is size 32px.
>
> Here's what it looks like on my monitor in Firefox 39.0:
> http://i.imgur.com/V0xxrhH.png
> I think when the font is that big in a paragraph your eyes have to
> move too much to read, making it a bit uncomfortable.
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for pointing this out. My pet peeve is people who set an
absolute font size, overriding the user's desires.

I think I finally figured out how to jump through Google's hoops
without dictating font size to the user. I *did* crank up the default
font size by 25% so that my smaller fonts wouldn't trigger Google's
"illegible fonts" screen on some of my smaller styles. But at +25%,
it's nothing like the double and triple sized fonts my original page
had generated when viewing on a normal browser. And I got rid of the
media queries that made font sizes all of a sudden jump.

Could you please look at http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/xargs.htm
again, reload, and tell me if it's now better?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2015 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21