[mdlug] useradd password - can I force first logon change and set initial pass word?

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Tue Sep 30 15:22:28 EDT 2014

adduser password - can I force first logon change and set initial password? I want to be able to create a VMware template with a user ID that has an initial password andalso will force the user to enter an initial password. When I set an initial password it will not force it to change when logging on the first time.To force the initial password to change with the first logon I can't set an initial password.I don't have the "adduser" script available. This is what I'm using: useradd -e 2014-12-31 -d /home/myuser -s /bin/bash myuser