[mdlug] Another sed/regex question

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Tue Sep 30 14:33:32 EDT 2014

> From: Aaron Kulkis

> Michael Mikowski wrote:
> > No language is read only.

> In practice, there is.

Indeed, languages vary in how readable and comprehensible they wind up being to others. Forth, for example, is also famous for being hard to decipher. If anyone doubts the principle, look up INTERCAL...

And, I'll bust out one of my old email sigs: "Any code of your own that you haven't looked at for six or more months, might as well have been written by someone else."- Eagleson's Law

Perl has issues because of syntax, but also scope. The language is big enough ("There's More Than One Way To Do It!") that developers often wind up writing code in mutually-incomprehensible subsets of the whole language. C++ has issues along those lines, too...
The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it