[mdlug] Raspberry Pinewood Derby

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Tue Mar 11 07:56:49 EDT 2014

> From: David Wood

> Just an idea but what if you made a ramdisk to save the video first and then transferred it after the video is finished.

Thought about it, but I have one of the early Model B's with only 256MB RAM. Even a few seconds of video can be tens of MB, so I'm not sure it'd help much.

>  Also you could have the video transcoded when it is moved off of ramdisk.

Yeah, in this particular application I don't need to *play* the video at the full framerate. What I'm hoping for is to *record* as many frames per second as possible. Playback in slow motion in this case is a feature, not a bug.

Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                    (313) 227-2317

 "UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things,
 because that would also stop you from doing clever things."
                       - Doug Gwyn

The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it