[mdlug] Raspberry Pinewood Derby

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Mon Mar 10 12:44:45 EDT 2014

Just for completeness, here's the command line I was using to record the video:

     ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -input_format yuyv422 -i /dev/video0 -vcodec copy output.mkv

The camera's native format, so far as I can tell, is "YUV2" or "YUYV 4:2:2" - hence the input format param.

Before that, I'd set up the camera for the correct format:

    #    Set resolution
    v4l2-ctl --set-fmt-video=width=320,height=240
    #    Set frames per second
    v4l2-ctl --set-parm 75

And, to play it, a little shell script:

    #!/bin/sh

    FPS=${1:-15}

    mplayer -vc rawyuy2 -fps $FPS output.mkv

Note, that if it got an arg, it would use that as the desired fps value. If no arg, it would default to 15 fps.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions for how to improve this, in particular how to get more FPS out of it, I'd be interested.