[mdlug] Completely replacing Windows XP Pro with Linux!

rstaff rstaff at sprynet.com
Fri Jul 18 00:29:12 EDT 2014

I went ahead, used GParted to format the whole 2nd drive for Linux as an
ext4 partition.
I then copied the /home directory and its contents (i.e., "/ricky") to
disk #2.
I went through several editing sessions with the /etc/fstab file.
With every reboot, Linux Mint failed to find "/home/ricky".
I gave up.
Now going through a reinstall of Linux Mint 17.
This time, the Linux Mint installer recognized the second drive as sdb1
and appears to have allowed /home to be applied as a mount point.
Installation still running, will provide update when done.
Thanks,
Rick Staff