[mdlug] Completely replacing Windows XP Pro with Linux!

rstaff rstaff at sprynet.com
Thu Jul 17 15:27:49 EDT 2014

I have an old Dell GX260 PC with 2 hard drives.

I want to completely replace Windows XP Pro with Linux, however I have
no clue of how to do it.

In the past, I have added Linux as a dual boot to Windows.

I want to make HD sda (disk #1) the file system root (aka, "/") and swap
area.
I want to make HD sdb (disk #2) the home directory (aka, "/home").

During a Linux Mint 17 install, I keep getting an error that says
"/home" is outside the allowed space.
Huh???

Help to get me past this error will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Rick Staff