[mdlug] SSD - flashcache or bcache

Michael ORourke mrorourke at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 14 14:59:22 EST 2014

-----Original Message-----

Aaron, I am going to disagree with you on this one.  Are we talking about the same technology?
I was referring to: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/flashcache
Which sounds like a reasonable way to speed up IO in a server on a limited budget.
The other thing... it seems like it would be difficult, administration-wise, to have a handful of directories living on the SSD.  Probably a lot easier to just dump root onto the faster drive and map say /home to a slower device.  Just my 2 cents worth.
-Mike