[mdlug] SSD - flashcache or bcache

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Tue Jan 14 08:19:01 EST 2014

Peter Bart wrote:
> FWIW I've been using flash memory for swap; among others; in several
> devices for several years and have yet to experience failure. I do not
> have any benchmarks, just my personal opinion based on the fact these
> devices work every time I use them.

Same here.  I have several devices that I use every day
including two laptops.  I bought SSDs for them for the
speed and to extend battery life.  I would never go back,
even if I had to buy a new SSD occasionally.  The cool
thing is that I have had no issues with the drives.

Granted I do use the noatime option and I have plenty of
ram.  These two things drastically reduce the stress on
an SSD.