[mdlug] printline - print a line of text within fields defined by column location

Jeff Hanson jhansonxi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 02:48:16 EST 2014

First bug!

Whitespace padding is generated using this technique:
http://stackoverflow.com/a/17030976

Apparently printf %b is not entirely portable between Dash and Bash, at
least when truncating a string to zero-length.  It originally was %s but I
changed it, possibly via accidental search and replace when messing around
with wide characters.  It made no sense to use %b for that anyways.  I
changed it back so the new version in git should work Bash now.