[mdlug] Completely replacing Windows 98se with Linux!

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 01:22:09 EDT 2014

Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-08-12 at 13:35 -0400, Garry Stahl wrote:
>> On 08/12/2014 09:31 AM, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
>>> I fail to see how that has anything to do with systemd.
>> Sometimes one heap of hardware will have issues that another heap of
>> hardware will not.
>
> One heap of hardware has numerable difference than another - different
> kernel modules, different drivers - which are a far more likely
> candidate for performance issues than something like systemd which sits
> there doing IPC.
>
> There is no zero nada zilch evidence presented in this post which
> related the performance issues to systemd.  It is nothing but
> speculation.

When the only change is systemd, it certainly isn't the hardware drivers at fault.

This is just like the Pulse Audio / ALSA problems.

Sievert and Poettering  were constantly breaking ALSA, not because ALSA needed
fixing, but because they refuse to admit that THEIR CODE could be at fault.

The sooner those two clods stop programming, the better.