[mdlug] Dearborn Library workshop ideas

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Tue Apr 29 21:08:58 EDT 2014

A note form the Dearborn library about some thought I provided on workshops (I can send out a copy of the flyer if anyone wants to look at it):

Regarding your
May meeting and a presentation on home networking, we would be happy to
promote that and all of your monthly meetings, as long as you provide
information for us to prepare a flyer and get the information on the
website.  I have attached a sample flyer so you have an idea of what
we'd need.  We'd need to get that done by May 3rd at the latest.
Remember that we would still be looking for three workshops to be done
in addition to your regular monthly meeting.  Regarding your idea for a
Facebook program - I think that's a fantastic idea that would be well
attended.  You could discuss a bit on what Facebook is, how it's used,
privacy settings, etc and walk patrons through creating an account.  For
potential dates, what about Tuesday May 20th or 27th 6p-8p, or Thursday
May 22nd or 29th 6p-8p, the computer lab is open all those evenings.

Regarding the WiFi charge, that was an oversight.  We do normally charge
for people that don't have library cards.  However, my intent was to
have some WiFi passes prepared for you to use, and I will make sure to
have that done for your next meeting.