[mdlug] May MDLUG meeting, Home Networking with WiFi

Neil Brodzik neilb at arrowis.com
Tue Apr 15 22:31:26 EDT 2014

Gib,

I can contribute to a discussion on home networking and wireless concepts.
I don't believe I have an hour worth of material but I could contribute to
another persons presentation or I could co-present.

Depending on how technical you want to get the presentation could cover WAN
technologies like DSL / Cable / T1 / Wireless. Then a discussion of core
network services like DNS, DHCP, and NAT. Maybe a discussion about network
cabling and testing? Then we could discuss wireless technologies like
2.4Ghz vs 5Ghz.  I have spare equipment for demonstration of concepts
(Netgear stuff). We could also discuss file sharing with Samba, Afp with
Macs, and Homegroup with windows products. Last, would be printer sharing
via IP or windows clients?

Neil