[mdlug] Fw: ubuntu-michigan expired from team

Mark Thuemmel ldaphelp at thuemmel.com
Fri Oct 18 21:22:15 EDT 2013

I saw Jorge at the Ohio LinuxFest last month, He said he is living in
Ann Arbor these days.  He was with Jono Bacon who was showing off the
Ubuntu Phone.

I also saw Rob Landly's talk on the Rise and Fall of CopyLeft that same
weekend.  Made me start to think GPL is dead. Dam.

Is it just me, that Linux rules pretty much everything but the desktop
and it's dying at the same time?

My son says I should try running BSD these days on my home desktop......

Maybe all the kool kids are going illumos these days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zRN7XLCRhc

PS, I'm a big RMS fan, but GPL3 may have been the beginning of the end.