[mdlug] Grep Tuxworthy says..

Jay Nugent jjn at nuge.com
Wed May 1 15:21:42 EDT 2013

Greetings,

On Wed, 1 May 2013, R KANNAN wrote:

> All,
>
> I am giving a short intro presentation on Linux to my department staff
> (mostly windows users in IT). I am planning to add a slide which says...
>
> Grep Tuxworthy says "You might already be using Linux if.."
>
> You are using Android smart phones (Android uses a modified Linux Kernel)
> You are accessing internet web sites(Over 85% of web servers run on some
> form of Linux)
> You are TiVOing TV programs for watching later
> You .....

    o Watch any animated movie produced by Pixar.  The rendering is done on
      a farm of Linux machines.  Titanic, Shreck, etc...

    o Use the Google search engine.  Presume Google Docs and Gmail use
      Linux, as well.

    o Call any small businesses that us the VoIP PBX "Asterisk".

    o Use a WRT54GL WiFi access point.  "L" for Linux, though most if not
      all of their other models are Linux under the hood.

    o AT&T U-verse DVR is Linux.

    ...and the list goes on...

    "In a world without fences, who needs Gates?!?!?!"

       --- Jay

         () ascii ribbon campaign in
         /\ support of plain text e-mail

   Averaging at least 3 days of MTBWTF!?!?!?
  The solution for long term Internet growth is IPv6.
| Jay Nugent   jjn at nuge.com    (734)484-5105    (734)649-0850/Cell       |
|   Nugent Telecommunications  [www.nuge.com]                            |
|   Internet Consulting/Linux SysAdmin/Engineering & Design              |
| ISP Monitoring [www.ispmonitor.org] ISP & Modem Performance Monitoring |