[mdlug] Linux VMs - virtual disk best practices

Drew drew4096 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 17:28:42 EDT 2013

What I meant to say is having the first partition begin at the
beginning of the second cylinder (the MBR being on the first cylinder)
and for each partition to be an integral number of cylinders..Some
partition managers have a check box for this; personally I use the
Ranish partitoner which shows what cylinder, head, and sector each
partition starts and ends at and allows editing this data.