[mdlug] Fwd: [Stilyagi] Speaking of Jobs - Tech positions in Lansing

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Tue Jun 4 11:37:13 EDT 2013

Without commnet

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Stilyagi] Speaking of Jobs - Tech positions in Lansing
Date: 	Tue, 4 Jun 2013 09:58:14 -0400
From: 	erin darling <airynd at gmail.com>
To: 	stilyagi at lists.stilyagi.org

Liquid Web, the web hosting company I work for, desperately needs people
who have even the slightest idea how to computer. LW is a really good
company, good benefits, slightly sub-par wages, great atmosphere, nice
perks. Sadly, no telecommuting; these are on-site jobs. There are usually
openings across all shifts, though first shift has fewer than second and
third.

We hire between 3 and 15 people every month, pretty much without fail.

Most of the jobs available are phone and helpdesk Linux support, and we
train from the ground up.

Required skills:

While you may be able to get hired without all of these, they are required
to do the job well.

Computer experience
Ability to think logically and troubleshoot problems
Good customer service (on the phone, and in writing)
Attention to detail

Desired skills:

If you don't have these, don't fret - we can teach you if you have the
skills above.

Linux experience
Helpdesk/phone support experience
Familiarity with the LAMP stack

Icing on the cake:

Most people don't have this experience - if you do, this will make you
stand out amongst the crowd.

MySQL
PHP
Networking
cPanel
Plesk
WordPress or other CMS
Server optimization

Read more here:

http://www.liquidweb.com/about/jobs.html

If you have any questions at all, please do feel free to ask. I'm not
kidding when I say we really need people. :)