[mdlug] Extending My U-verse Wifi

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Jul 31 16:45:19 EDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-07-31 at 13:15 -0700, David Lane wrote:
> We have a long house and the U-verse DSL cable is on one side of the house and we cant get good reception at the other end of the house.
>
> How can I extend it, I tried getting a linksys router but I cant get that to work.
>
> What are my options?

Buy two WAPs, the LinkSys should be fine.  Set them both on the same
ESSID with the same authentication.  Disable NAT and DHCP on the WAPs.
Put one WAP at each end of your house.

Disable the Wireless on the AT&T U-verse.

Connect the WAPs to your U-verse network [not via the WAN port].

You should be good to go.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383