[mdlug] rasp. pi cluster?

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Tue Jul 30 15:02:23 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 02:52:00PM -0400, Dean Durant wrote:
> They guy at the U in Boise I thought talked about this. I thought it
> was ethernet, not USB. Am I mistaken?

The Raspberry Pi's ethernet is a device on the USB bus.  It's a 10/100
interface but I've never seen anywhere near 100Mb performance for
mine.

I read the paper you posted, and the test case used the Monte Carlo
method [1], which is considered an 'Embarrassingly parallel' [2]
problem.  Unfortunately, not all parallel problems are as easy to
separate effort, which is why I asked.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Carlo_methods
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embarrassingly_parallel