[mdlug] Strange Log Entry

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Fri Apr 12 13:50:31 EDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-04-12 at 12:12 -0400, Mat Enders wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:23 AM, A. Zimmer <andrew.zimmer at comcast.net>wrote:
> > On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 10:53:37 -0400
> > Mat Enders <mat.enders at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Why are you using a service to o this you can set whatever you want t
> > use as your DNS in /etc/resolv.conf.
> > I use 127.0.0.1 as my nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf.  The pdnsd service
> > allows me to bypass my ISP's nameserver and to use my own machine.  I am
> > not going to allow Comcast to create a record of every DNS request that
> > I make.  You can call it paranoia but pdnsd is available and it is very
> > simple, so why not.

+1

I run a local named; for some of the same reasons plus local DNS is just
*WAY* faster.

Providing a caching DNS server is just brain-dead easy,  consumes
extremely few resources, gives you additional privacy/confidentiality,
and better performance.  Win all around.

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383