[mdlug] Strange Log Entry

Mat Enders mat.enders at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 12:12:56 EDT 2013

Then if your already using static addresses just use open DNS servers or
Googles public DNS servers for your DNS.

/etc/resovlv.conf

search localhost.localhost
# Open DNS servers
nameserver 208.67.222.222
nameserver 208.67.220.220
# Google DNS servers
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:23 AM, A. Zimmer <andrew.zimmer at comcast.net>wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 10:53:37 -0400
> Mat Enders <mat.enders at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Why are you using a service to o this you can set whatever you want to
> use
> > as your DNS in /etc/resolv.conf.
>
> I use 127.0.0.1 as my nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf.  The pdnsd service
> allows me to bypass my ISP's nameserver and to use my own machine.  I am
> not going to allow Comcast to create a record of every DNS request that
> I make.  You can call it paranoia but pdnsd is available and it is very
> simple,
> so why not.
>
> DHCP is not necessary because I use a static address.
>
> This is not complex network.  I just need to connect my home machines
> to the Internet.

Mathew E. Enders

"Where once Samba and Apache sold Linux to the world they are now just part
of the plumbing.  But that's OK, plumbers make good money."
--Jeremy Allison