[mdlug] Strange Log Entry

A. Zimmer andrew.zimmer at comcast.net
Fri Apr 12 11:23:54 EDT 2013

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 10:53:37 -0400
Mat Enders <mat.enders at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why are you using a service to o this you can set whatever you want to use
> as your DNS in /etc/resolv.conf.

I use 127.0.0.1 as my nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf.  The pdnsd service
allows me to bypass my ISP's nameserver and to use my own machine.  I am
not going to allow Comcast to create a record of every DNS request that
I make.  You can call it paranoia but pdnsd is available and it is very simple,
so why not.

DHCP is not necessary because I use a static address.

This is not complex network.  I just need to connect my home machines
to the Internet.