[mdlug] OT: moving back to detroit

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 11:20:40 EDT 2012

freemancomputer at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> After moving away 6ish years ago I am moving back to Hazel Park. After being gone for so long  I am in need of some pointers to get back to speed.
>
> Geek
> 1)My cell contract is just about up and was wondering what the best options are out there for data and text, dont use a lot of talk time.

How does this sound: $50 for unlimited voice/unlimited text/unlimited
internet, month to month (i.e. no long term contracts), and your monthly
rate DECLINING (to as low as $35/month)  after 6 months without any late
payments or interruptions in service, and with good service coverage even
in remote training areas at Camp Grayling.(*)

I don't use a cell phone much -- but one of my fellow soldiers from
Saginaw says that BOOST Mobile has provided excellent service
http://www.boostmobile.com/shop/plans/monthly-unlimited/

(*)  most other carriers have poor coverage around Camp Grayling, even
though it is within 10 miles of I-75,  and these are inhabited.  The
only other carrier with good coverage up there is Verizon.

> 2)What's the best option for internet. Would like about 10meg down,
>   up isn't all that big of a deal for me.
> 3)Is there any good swap meets to snag  computer equment at?
>
> Non geek
> 1) I need to find a pet store that sells live feeder mice.

There is a pet store on Woodward that deals mostly in exotic pets,
including snakes.  Northbound, just north of Normandy (13 1/2).
Look for the "Joe's Army/Navy Surplus" sign.  Joe's is one block
north of Normandy. The pet store is one next door, one door to
the north of Joe's.

> 2) Finding a brewery that has some very good beer is a matter of
>     most importance.

Can't stand the taste of beer, so I have no opinion.

Ferndale:  Woodward Avenue Brewery (WAB)
Northbound Woodward, 2 blocks south of 9 mile, you will find
the Woodward Avenue Brewery.

In Royal Oak, there is the Royal Oak Brewery.
4rd Street, 2 blocks east of Main St. (Livernois Rd).

Clawson.  Recently a new brewery opened in downtown Clawson.
14 Mile, about a block east of Main St (Livernois Rd).

Rochester Mills.  Downtown Rochester, in the old knitting
mills factory.
400 Water St., Rochester, MI
Within walking distance of the center of downtown Rochester,
University and Main St. (Rochester Rd), 3 blocks to the east
or Rochester Rd/Main St, and 1 block south of University.

> 3) Any good sushi places?

There's two in downtown Royal Oak.
Little Tree Sushi Bar.  It's a couple doors south of 11 Mile
and Main St. (Livernois), right across the street from Leo's
Coney Island.  107 S. Main St. Royal

1 or 2 doors south of that is Katana Japanese  Steakhouse
111 S. Main St. Royal

Tokyo Sushi &Grill
315 S. Center St. Royal Oak.
One block west of Main St (Livernois) between 3rd & 4th.
One door south of Gusoline Alley, and across from the
parking deck.

Ronin Sushi Bar, Corner of 4th Street and Lafayette -- two
blocks east of Main St (Livernois)
326 W. 4th Street.

http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=royal+oak+sushi

I don't east sushi, so I have no idea of the quality.