[mdlug] Penguicon

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 14:35:47 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Jeff Hanson <jhansonxi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there likely to be anything of interest there this year?  If not,
> is there any interest in holding a spring Linux conference in the
> Detroit area?

I'll be there, presenting on IPv6. Talking with their network guys,
and it's highly plausible the network will be dual-stacked. BTW, I can
thank you guys for turning me on to looking at presenting there.

> Previously I attended Penguicon because they had a little bit of
> Linux-related content (I even ran a session on Linux gaming one year)
> but that subject seems to have died off.  They don't even have a
> schedule up yet and the pre-registration deadline is March 31.  Over
> the past few years their focus seems to be trending towards creative
> arts, environmental issues, Windows/console gaming, and alcohol.

I wonder if they could set up an "unconference" block in the future;
open write-ins kinda like how all of BarcampGR is done. At BarcampGR,
that's nice because people express what they want to hear more about,
and the end of the conference tends to tune in that direction.

--
:wq