[mdlug] Consequences of 'noacpi'?

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 12:53:43 EDT 2012

Ingles, Raymond wrote:
>   I installed Xubuntu last night, and after installation and updating,
 > I can boot from the hard drive without the 'noacpi' option, so that's good.
>
>   There were a couple minor issues, though. While running the live CD,
 > I shrank an NTFS partition, which took a while. Then I decided to reboot,
 > and chose the default install option. The install used the newly-unallocated
 > space, but (a) didn't give me the option to control the partitioning myself,

This is one reason why I like opensuse

*buntu is all about keeping things as "dumbed down" as possible
so as to not scare away Windows users -- apparently, many are
befuddled and bewildered by choice and having control.

Gnome tends to be the same way, which is why I won't run it
(even if they did get the windows of the core Gnome apps properly
laid out so that they didn't require huge amounts of real estate
on the screen (virtual estate?)).