[mdlug] next meeting July 14th

Tony Bemus tony at bemushosting.com
Wed Jun 27 13:42:31 EDT 2012

Our July Meeting will on Saturday July 14th 2012, at 12:30p to around
2:30p. The meeting will be in the normal location at The Gaudior Academy
in Inkster.  Gaudior Academy is Located at 27100 Avondale Avenue Inkster
MI 48141.  We will be running a web conference also for this meeting. It
will be on http://bbb.mdlug.org at the Demo Meeting.
1) Big Blue Button requires Flash
2) Go to http://bbb.mdlug.org in your flash enabled web browser
3) Enter your name in the "Join a Demo Meeting" field
4) Click on Join

I would like to announce that Mark Stanislav will be coming back to
present for us.  This time he will be talking about Linux Security and
specifically the talk he gave at Penguicon.

>From the Penguicon schedule website:
http://penguicon2012.sched.org/event/1322eaead62ef1df4c3488507b9310b4

When discussion on hardening Linux systems occurs, usually someone will
swear by a single feature or application to 'save the day'. In reality,
a mesh of complimentary technologies, most of which are built-in or
easily installable on a Linux box, is the best way to go. Defense in
depth is more than marketing lingo, it's a way of life for actual
information security. Come see some of the technologies you may have
ignored, never knew existed, or just weren't fully leveraging in some
helpful ways to add layered security to your next Linux deployment.

--
Tony Bemus
Bemus Hosting and Computer Repair