[mdlug] Curious - Phone Tapping Tech

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 13:32:37 EDT 2012

Robert Adkins II wrote:
> I am curious to know if phone tapping technology has "caught up" with
> Holywood. In terms of being able to take a band and wrap it around a bundle
> of phone lines and call that a tapped line.

No.  Kirchoff's Current Law makes this impossible.

Every current travelling "outbound" on one wire of a twisted pair
has an equal and opposite "inbound" current on the other half of the pair,
making the net current going through the loop = Zero, and therefore, no
way to detect ANYTHING  within the cable bundle.