[mdlug] Password of DEATH

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Tue Jun 5 15:28:37 EDT 2012

On 06/05/2012 12:11 PM, Michael Mol wrote:

> As a way to speed up the process, you could reserve 1-2MB of the hard
> disk to store a huge key which is used for encrypting the rest of the
> data, and you need only worry about erasing that 1-2MB of data to make
> the rest indistinguishable from noise.

I like this.  The drive is recoverable IF you have a copy of the key.
Trade secrets protected.  The passive bluetooth thing is good as well.
It also protects from theft by non official sources.  Just don't store
the two in the same bag.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Politically I have given up on being an anything-arian. I am for accountability and nothing else. Hold the government, in specific the office holders, elected or appointed, accountable for all actions taken in office. Authority must be granted grudgingly and reluctantly. When it is abused it must be snatched away at once. Be it a minimum wage screener at the TSA or the President of the United States.
Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org