[mdlug] CPL Hack Day 2: Electric Boogaloo

gib at juno.com gib at juno.com
Thu Mar 31 21:38:57 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
From: Bradley Czerniak <czerniakb at cantonpl.org>
To: "'gib at juno.com'" <gib at juno.com>
Subject: CPL Hack Day 2: Electric Boogaloo
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 14:57:49 -0400

Gib,

It&rsquo;s me again. After all the fun we had at the first CPL Hack Day, our program coordinator here at the library thought it would great to have 2 hack days per year.
The next hack day will be Saturday, June 25, 2011, from 1:00-5:00PM. This is one week before Maker Faire: Detroit, which makes it a great time to rehearse and otherwise get prepared.
All event details are at http://www.cantonwiki.org/CPL_Hack_Day

This event will hopefully include a wide variety of hobbyists. Likewise, I&rsquo;d like to engage the three major hackerspaces in the Metro Detroit area. i3Detroit has already signed up for one table and a presentation, and I delivered an invite to OmniCorpDetroit as well.

I think Linux is a great fit for events like this, and your demo table and presentations from last time were well-received. If you&rsquo;re interested in coming back, we&rsquo;d be more than happy to have you.

Sincerely,

Brad Czerniak
Digital Resources Developer
Canton Public Library