[mdlug] Not Hardware Failure

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Tue Mar 22 13:07:12 EDT 2011

Peter Bart wrote:
> Good Morning,
> The other week my Eee went for a short trip to the pavement. While it
> was secured in it's neoprene case, and it landed flat, it still went
> down several feet. Soon after all sorts of errors started. I was not
> happy, but I remembered reading that a good step to take diagnosing
> hardware trouble is to reseat all the components. I'm pretty sure I read
> that here and I think I know who, so I wanted to thank that person.
> I disassembled my Eee following the directions found here
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAqaPKF5-lM>, I just didn't put a
> different drive in. I pulled the SSD, WiFi card and the RAM, cleaned
> everything up and put it back in. It's been a week now with not a sign
> of trouble.
> Thanks!

I'm not sure who started it but it's called "doing the stupid stuff
first", at least by me.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Journalism is publishing what someone doesn't want us to know, the rest is propaganda. -- Horacio Verbitsky
Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org