[mdlug] Not Hardware Failure

Peter Bart petertheplumber at att.net
Tue Mar 22 10:45:20 EDT 2011

Good Morning,
The other week my Eee went for a short trip to the pavement. While it
was secured in it's neoprene case, and it landed flat, it still went
down several feet. Soon after all sorts of errors started. I was not
happy, but I remembered reading that a good step to take diagnosing
hardware trouble is to reseat all the components. I'm pretty sure I read
that here and I think I know who, so I wanted to thank that person.
I disassembled my Eee following the directions found here
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAqaPKF5-lM>, I just didn't put a
different drive in. I pulled the SSD, WiFi card and the RAM, cleaned
everything up and put it back in. It's been a week now with not a sign
of trouble.
Thanks!
--
Best Regards,