[mdlug] External HDs - Any with RAID 1 Support?

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Mon Mar 14 23:37:07 EDT 2011

Robert Citek wrote:
> How tech-savvy is this individual?
>
> Two SATA drives + one SATA/USB/eSATA dock[1] + rsync
>
> rsync computer to disk1.  Then rsync disk1 to disk2.

On Phoenix I do backups on a pair of JBOD disks with rsync of /home.
Secondary backup to an external same deal.  Maestro my stereo has a RAID
1 array.  Very little ever gets deleted, just added.  I have over 300
CDs ripped in wave.  I do not want to do that twice.  The only reason
for the RAID.  backup is supplied by the 300 odd original disks.
Thinker runs naked.  Phoenix is the backup.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Journalism is publishing what someone doesn't want us to know, the rest is propaganda. -- Horacio Verbitsky
Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org