[mdlug] [WLUG] World IPv6 Day - How are *YOU* doin'?

Dan Pritts danno at umich.edu
Wed Jun 8 15:55:27 EDT 2011

> ...many of the participants got web access via IPv6 running, several even
> got DNS working correctly.   But most never provided IPv6 to email.

I can't speak for anyone else, but as one of the participants, I can tell
you that this is quite intentional.   antispam depends way too much on
reputation lists, and these are not yet mature in the IPv6 space.  I have no
interest in being an early adopter in that space.

For mail, it's mostly irrelevant, anyway.  Who cares if my mail server is ipv6
accessible?  All they need at the other end is ONE IPv4 address, not one
for each client.

Sure, eventually we'll turn off IPv4, or maybe getting that one IPv4 address will
be hard.  by then the spam stuff will be figured out.

danno