[mdlug] [WLUG] World IPv6 Day - How are *YOU* doin'?

Jay Nugent jjn at nuge.com
Wed Jun 8 15:38:44 EDT 2011

Greetings,

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011, Thomas C. Knoeller wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 9:56 AM, Jay Nugent <jjn at nuge.com> wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >   So how are people doing on World IPv6 Day???
>
> Bah.  Like y2k and conficker, the wizards were involved early, so the
> day will be a NOOP for the most part.

   As it *should* be.   The objective was to deploy IPv6 *WITHOUT*
breaking IPv4 access.   From what I see on...

     http://www.mrp.net/IPv6Day.html

...many of the participants got web access via IPv6 running, several even
got DNS working correctly.   But most never provided IPv6 to email.

   But hey!  It was a start and it certainly raised the awareness of IPv6.
We can now begin to lean on our ISP's and demand IPv6 addresses and lean
on the gateway router crowd to provide IPv6 compatable routes (such as the
D-Link DIR series).

   The ball is rolling..... :)

      --- Jay

        () ascii ribbon campaign in
        /\ support of plain text e-mail

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest
reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a
last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"--
Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
| Jay Nugent   jjn at nuge.com    (734)484-5105    (734)649-0850/Cell       |
|   Nugent Telecommunications  [www.nuge.com]                            |
|   Internet Consulting/Linux SysAdmin/Engineering & Design/ISP Reseller |
| ISP Monitoring [www.ispmonitor.org] ISP & Modem Performance Monitoring |
| Web-Pegasus    [www.webpegasus.com] Web Hosting/DNS Hosting/Shell Accts|