[mdlug] Marketing Linux

David Lane dcl400m at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 09:28:15 EST 2011

That is why I build my own

________________________________
From: Michael <newmaniese at gmail.com>
To: MDLUG's Main discussion list <mdlug at mdlug.org>
Sent: Wed, January 26, 2011 9:07:54 AM
Subject: Re: [mdlug] Marketing Linux

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:55 PM, Michael Corral <micorral at comcast.net> wrote:
> 2011-01-24, Monsieur David Lane a ecrit:
>> IF you had the budget how would you promote Linux?
>
> Bribery. I'd offer $5000 to every person who installed Linux on
> their home and work PCs. Linux adoption would follow.
>
> Michael

On that note, has anyone had any luck with computer manufacturers to
remove the Window's tax along with the OEM software from new
computers? I have heard that with a lot of patience and several phone
calls to Dell this can be arranged with some computers, but have never
tried first hand.

How much can you save without purchasing a licence to Windows?

I think that if it were easy to opt out and people could get ~$100,
linux adoption would really pick up. The key to that statement is
easy. Perhaps a knowledge base with how to remove the MS tax on
computers would help.