[mdlug] Linux push an economic phenomenon?

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 14:29:37 EST 2011

John Wiersba wrote:
> Garry Stahl wrote:
>
>> Yes, Apple hardware looks nice, it's still and Intel under the hood.  I
>> like thinkpads because that grungy, dull looking finish is nigh
>> indestructible.  I've had thinkpads older than dirt that looked brand
>> new.  Thus far they have all been Linux friendly.  My current T-61 came
>> loaded with Linux.
>
> Unfortunately, all the Thinkpads I've see have their control key in the wrong
> place (what's more important IBM: Ctrl or Fn key placement?).  So, not very
> vim/linux-friendly from that perspective.  That's likely the only thing that
> kept me from buying one.

<http://www.google.com/search?q=Thinkpad+Ctrl+key+keyboard>

keyboard - Swapping Function (Fn) and Control (Ctrl) Keys on ...
The bios swap for the function and ctrl keys is now implemented by Lenovo! If you have a newer Lenovo laptop (mine is a thinkpad x201), you can find the ...

<http://superuser.com/questions/49412/swapping-function-fn-and-control-ctrl-keys-on-lenovo-thinkpad-w500>