[mdlug] Linux push an economic phenomenon?

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Thu Jan 20 13:18:40 EST 2011

> From: Garry Stahl

> The Jobs takes medical leave and Apple's stock dips.  I have to wonder
> how much of the sheen is a cult of personality and there is no number
> Two.  The guy is dying, it isn't going to be forever.

 There's a great series of books by Charles Stross that manage to
combine IT, espionage, and Lovecraftian horror in a hilarious and
engaging mix. Much of it is available for free on his website.

 In one, there's an offhand remark that explains why so many people seem
to have such unshakable faith in Apple. :->

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                                (313)
227-2317

 "[P]rogramming is a job where Lovecraft meets tradecraft, all the
time."
                            - Ken MacLeod