[mdlug] Linux push an economic phenomanon?

David Lane dcl400m at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 10:27:37 EST 2011

Lets define "main stream".

Main Stream: Linux is going to Best Buy and picking up a "Linux PC" for the
Non-Tech PC user.

At on point I had 3 boxes running Linux. I dont qualify because I'm a techie.

In my mind when Linux cunts into Microsoft's market share then We are getting
some where.

There are ways that Linux will gain steam:

1. Non Tech PS users are comfortable with the O.S.
2. Linux has to be more user friendly
3. Open Office evolution

I'm happy with my Linux deployments I dont like forking out 129-159 bucks Every
time I build a new pc.

But At work the Admin's have replaced a few Linux servers with Windows. I'm not
in a place to influence those choices.

But in my own world I'm mostly Linux. I save a lot of money going Open source
too.

David C. Lane