[mdlug] File transfer problem

Jeff Hanson jhansonxi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 22:00:18 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 9:40 PM, Michael ORourke <mrorourke at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Here's one of my concerns, what if the content team is FTP'ing
> a batch of images to the FTP server when the sync script executes from cron?
> I don't want a partial batch of files moved to the web repository.  Also, I
> do not know how many files or how frequently the web content team will
> upload new images.

Set up a check in the cron script that inhibits it in specific
circumstances.  Maybe have it look for a flag file in the ftp
directory that the users can create when uploading.  Either that or
some check using "lsof".  A third option is to use a separate staging
directory for uploading that gets copied over when it passes an
integrity check of some sort.