[mdlug] It's here!

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Tue Feb 22 14:27:05 EST 2011

thomas at redhat.com wrote:
> On 02/19/2011 03:46 PM, Carl T. Miller wrote:
>> Finally there's a freebie version of RHEL 6 available,
>> and it's not from CentOS.  It's Oracle Linux (which used
>> to be named Unbreakable Linux) and the license says it's
>> free to use.  You just have to register to get to the
>> download page.  http://linux.oracle.com
>
> Wow, I appreciate that you see so much value in RHEL!  It's an honor to
> know you feel that way?  I'm curious...  Why don't you actually get RHEL
> from Red Hat?

We purchase Red Hat at work, and I won't even consider
Oracle Linux for our production servers.  For myself and
my experimental servers it's a bit pricey.  I do recommend
Red Hat to my customers who need supported versions.

Also I particapte with the CentOS project and I understand
that they send suggestions and updates to Red Hat and Fedora.
I'm hoping that counts for something.